- A 110 AC power outlet is required to provide electrical power to the ONT (or fiber NID). We recommend the outlet is located in close proximity to the ONT. However, a power stick option is available if connected within 50 feet of the ONT. Power stick options require additional equipment inside and outside of the home. Your GVTC technician will cover this option with you at the time of installation.
- TV Service Installation: For TV service installation, it is required that all TVs are in place at the time of installation.
- CAT5 or Higher Wiring: CAT5E or higher rated wiring is required for your internet & TV service. If the wiring at the time of installation is not at least CAT5E, GVTC can provide the proper wiring. Applicable charges may be applied at the time of installation.
- A GVTC technician must perform the outside preliminary installation up to 48 hours prior to your installation appointment. This preliminary work includes connecting the fiber from the street to your home and placement of the fiber equipment on the outside of the home.
- Newly Purchased Home: All newly purchased homes are required to be closed on before preliminary fiber installation. Consent must be provided on rental/leased property.
- During Preliminary Installation: You are not required to be home during the outside preliminary installation as long as GVTC has access to the property.
- Follow Power Utilities: It is standard procedure for GVTC to follow power utilities to the home. Options include either aerial or underground utilities.
- Newly constructed homes: In new construction areas and newly constructed homes, it is the builder/home owners responsibility to supply the conduit.
- Digging may be required: Occasionally, digging is required for placement of underground fiber.
- GVTC requires that someone over the age of 18 be present for the entire installation. It is recommended the account owner be present.
- TVs in place at time of installation: For TV service installation, confirm that all TVs are in place at the time of installation. If all TVs are not in place, this could delay installation of your TV service.
- CAT5 or higher wiring required: For Internet and TV service installation, confirm CAT5E or higher rated wiring is available for your internet and CATV service. If the wiring is not at least CAT5E rated, GVTC can provide the proper wiring. Applicable charges may be applied at the time of install.